Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
How Can a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Help You?
Think of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy as the magic button that can get rid of your debts and give you a chance to start fresh with a clean slate on your credit. In addition to eliminating your debt, in most cases a Chapter 7 can actually help you start building your credit by giving your credit score a boost after filing. You can spend your money on more important expenses.
Here are some ways that filing for bankruptcy can help a Debtor:
1. Discharge(eliminate) unsecured debts. (Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Medical Bills, etc.)
2. Allows a Debtor to cancel a contract or lease if the Debtor would like to do so. (Examples include; Car Lease, Timeshare, Apartment Rental, Payments for secured items, etc.) Also gives the Debtor the option of keeping these contracts if they want to do so.
3. Allows Debtor some breathing room by stopping real estate foreclosures.
4. Allows Debtor to avoid Judgments, liens from Judgments and collections from Judgments.
5. Allows Debtor to do away with most law suits without litigation.
6. Stops Wage Garnishments and other collections methods.
7. Stops harassing phone calls from Creditors.
8. In most cases it gives you an automatic boost in your credit score.
In order to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, the debtor may be an individual, a partnership, or a corporation or other business entity.
To qualify for a chapter 7 an individual debtor must pass an income test known as the “means test.” The amount of the income test is based on the number of people in your household. Moreover, since a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a liquidation of any “non-exempt” assets a debtor must consider if there are any assets that might be sold through the chapter 7 liquidation process. In most cases the debtor does not have any non-exempt assets but that is why it is very important to consult with a qualified and experienced bankruptcy attorney in order to determine if a chapter 7 bankruptcy is the right decision for you.
If you would like to know if you qualify for a chapter 7 bankruptcy or discuss your financial options you can always call me for a free consultation. Even if you decide not to retain me you will leave the consultation with the information you need to make the right decision for yourself. I also represent Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy filers. Call 818-649-0879.
Why Choose Reganyan Law Firm? (Not just pricing but quality!)
- I, Robert Reganyan, will handle your case from the beginning to the end. You will have personalized representation and you will always be able to reach me to discuss your questions.
- I will also personally attend the creditor’s meeting with you so that you feel comfortable and confident. Many bankruptcy lawyers do not personally appear with you and instead send an appearance attorney who is not familiar with you or your case.
- I am highly rated online and our clients love us and the ease of process we provide.
- I am available evening hours and weekends since I know the work week can be tough to schedule an appointment.
- I will guarantee your bankruptcy discharge. As long as you are truthful and disclose all the necessary information, I will provide a 100% money back guarantee if you do not get your discharge.
- I have a 100% Success Rate for chapter 7 bankruptcy filings receiving a discharge.
- Over 10 years of Bankruptcy experience.
- I love helping my clients achieve financial freedom. I take my time in answering all of your questions and offer a 100% free consultation, either by phone or in person.