Same Sex Divorce/Domestic
Same-sex marriage is now recognized under California law. The state also acknowledges registered domestic partnerships that affords you similar rights and responsibilities.
California’s Domestic Partner Rights and Responsibilities Act of 2003 went into effect on January 1, 2005. It reflects that couples registering their domestic partnerships with the State of California are afforded similar, but not the same, rights and responsibilities to those granted to opposite-sex couples whose marriages were registered with the State.
Some situations involve creating a union, such as registering a domestic partnership or ensuring your partner is included in your will. Other situations can occur when a domestic partnership or same-sex marriage ends. For example, when dividing property and deciding upon custody of the children.
Reganyan Law Firm can assist with the following:
• Creating registered domestic partnerships
• Divorce for same-sex couples that were legally married in California
• Dissolution of domestic partnerships
• Division of marital/partnership property and debt
• Child custody and visitation
• Child support
• Spousal support
• Modification of child custody, visitation, and child support orders
Call For Your Free Consultation: 818-649-0879