Spousal support, alimony, or spousal maintenance is the continued payment made from one spouse to another to maintain a certain standard of living after a divorce. In addition to child custody issues or division of property, it is one of the most contentious issues that parties may face.
Spousal Support is based upon many different variables such as:
• The receiving spouse’s education, health, work history, and earning potential
• The length of the marriage
• The paying spouse’s income, earning potential, and health
• The existence and enforceability of a prenuptial agreement
• The marital standard of living
Whether you are seeking to collect spousal support or protect yourself against unmanageable obligations, we will identify all of your needs and express your rights to the Court.
You may be able to receive temporary or permanent spousal support payments. We can also assist you in recovering immediate payments if you are in need even before a divorce is finalized. While California support laws provide specific guidelines, comprehensive analysis is necessary to ensure fair orders. Without an experienced family law attorney representing your interests, you may end up receiving less or paying more than is fair.
Call For Your Free Consultation: 818-649-0879